I’m dreadfully behind on my British beekeeping-related posts, but I swear I’m working on them! In the meantime, I thought I’d share a few things I learned in London yesterday…
2. The Maitre’ D at the Ritz is a lovely man. He gave me a warm invitation to return, provided I lose the wellies and the bee suit.
3. If, by sheer obtuseness, you fail to pay the full bus fare, the bus driver does not stop the bus and throw you off. He probably figures you are mentally deficient.
4. If you go into the local Off Track Betting Shop, they happily give you bus change. You don’t even have to bet on anything. They seem to find it very amusing.
5. I speak a dialect of the English language that is very difficult for most people to understand. Especially when I’m asking for directions.
6. Jet lag is real. Very real. Somehow I thought I could will it into submission. Nope!! I’m fine today though.