What is more British (and delicious!) than a beautiful raspberry trifle with honey and sherry? Perfect to go with a proper cup of tea!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 4 cups raspberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pounds favorite pound cake
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sherry, and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve honey, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine jam with 3 cups raspberries, mashing slightly. In a large bowl, whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks.
- Slice pound cake 3/4 inch thick; brush both sides of slices with lemon/sherry syrup.
- Fit 1/3 of slices snugly in the bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or other glass bowl, trimming edges if necessary. Gently spread top of layer with 1/3 of raspberry mixture, and then 1/3 of whipped cream. Repeat to make two more layers; garnish with remaining cup raspberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours.