I think the snow and ice are presents from Charles Dickens!
My UK beekeeping friend Emily Heath let me know that another popular bee poster is available for purchase from Friends of the Earth (http://www.foeshop.co.uk/suppliers/stuart-gardiner) as a tea towel and and an apron. Just in time for Christmas giving!!
- Honey Bees for Christmas (theresafrazao.wordpress.com)
- Les Abeilles – The Bees of Paris (romancingthebee.com)
- To bee or not to bee (tikitikitembo.wordpress.com)
- KingBee Saves The Bees (whatyouwrite.com)
- Wintering (Bees) : Sylvia Plath (littlegreenbee.wordpress.com)
- RIP Bee (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
“Save The Bees.” by NTLB North Texas Light Brigade.
Photo credit: Linda Cooke – via BEE STRONG and SCOUT BEE
I thought rooftop beekeeping was something new. Not so! Here’s an article about a rooftop apiary circa 1912. Fascinating!!
Check out more historical honeybee articles at https://www.facebook.com/Historical.Honeybee.Articles
This 24″ by 36″ bee poster will be available for mailing starting on November 25th. It will cost $20 plus $5 shipping worldwide. You may start placing your orders here, https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=C39UTE5VL3U82.
Good advice! And this is just one card out of a deck of Permaculture Playing Cards.
How do you tell people what permaculture is? If you give them a book, they might look at a few pictures. If you send them a link to something they tend to save it for later. The idea of the deck of cards is that they might browse it like a book – but this is all pictures and just a few words. Much easier to browse. And hopefully convey a bigger picture in a smaller package.
If you want to explore this subject further and/or purchase a deck of Permaculture Playing Cards, go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/permaculture-playing-cards
- Permaculture Events and Workshops (p3permaculture.wordpress.com)
- 2014 Permaculture Calendar is Out! Would you like one? (milkwood.net)
- Permaculture Project in Bridgewater (permaculturethinktank.wordpress.com)
- Why Permaculture and Transition are good for Food Security? (foodactioncoalitionswr.wordpress.com)
- Permaculture Principles (nurturegreen.wordpress.com)
- Free Intro to Permaculture and Part-Time full PDC (foodactioncoalitionswr.wordpress.com)
- UMass Permaculture Fall 2013 Opportunities (umasspermaculture.wordpress.com)
And the livin’ is easy
Fish are jumpin’
And the cotton is high
Oh, Your daddy’s rich
And your mamma’s good lookin’
So hush little baby
Don’t you cry
One of these mornings
You’re going to rise up singing
Then you’ll spread your wings
And you’ll take to the sky
But until that morning
There’s a’nothing can harm you
With your daddy and mammy standing by
- Summertime (bsnbrazil.wordpress.com)
- For Those That Remember & Those That Don’t ~ Chill Out to Janice & Summertime (ravens-tree.com)
- Summertime – the August poetry challenge (charioteers.org)
- summertime sadness (emmabjarkvik.wordpress.com)
- Kiss Me Hard Before You Go. (richasheth2112.wordpress.com)
- “Summertime” (kcchristinacole.wordpress.com)
- Lana Del Rey Summertime Sadness (trendsmusic.wordpress.com)
On July 11-13 I had the great pleasure of attending the North Carolina State Beekeepers Association’s Summer Meeting in Pinehurst, NC!
Pinehurst is absolutely beautiful! Gracious Southern hospitality at its best…
I conducted two honey cooking workshops/cooking demonstrations in the Demo Kitchen of the Sandhills Community College. I felt like a food network star! So much fun!!
I made one of my favorites, Honey Tiramisu!
I made enough for all of the 150 attendees to have a serving. I can now make Tiramisu in my sleep!
The NCSBA is one of the largest and most active beekeeping associations in the US. It’s also one of the most hospitable!
I picked up lots of helpful information about beekeeping and enjoyed the company of other enthusiastic beekeepers. I’ll definitely be a return visitor!!